Monday, February 13, 2012

Local Vegan Deli-Style Food



One of my first introductions to "takeout" vegan food was from the Morels Food Truck in Louisville. I never had a chance to make it out to the truck while it was operating, but I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy their food from a local natural foods store, Rainbow Blossom. Even though the owner is currently selling the truck, he is doing so in order to further expand his food-service business to stores like Rainbow Blossom and Heine Brothers Coffee. So I'm happy that I will still be able to enjoy Morels food, and see an even greater variety of items at Rainbow Blossom.

After tonight's trip, it looks like that expanded variety has already shown up! They had 6 different Morels items in stock at our tiny Rainbow Blossom on the "Sunny Side" in Indiana -- that's the most I have ever seen there. I love the food, it's convenient, and it makes it easy to eat vegan. I can have a few of these items in our refrigerator and always have something to grab in a hurry. (Or, depending on what area of town you're in, you could stop in for a lunch on the go too.) I'm so glad I decided to try that Buffalo Tempeh Wrap back in the summer. It was the first time I had ever eaten vegan "takeout" (and the first time I ever tried tempeh), and it was absolutely delicious. I hope that others will give them a try as well, and see how yummy vegan food can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment