Saturday, February 4, 2012

Vegan Cookbook Addiction

My name is Kari, and I am a cookbook addict. I have way too many of them. The entire bottom shelf of our pantry is full of them, and I also have a row of them lined up under an end table in the living room. Now that I have a Kindle, I can have even more cookbooks without them taking up physical space! So, suffice to say that I have a lot of cookbooks. Probably too many.

Now that I am completely changing the way we eat (and the way I cook), my cookbook collection is really growing by leaps and bounds, this time from a vegan slant. I have borrowed a few from the library to try them out too. (This is how I discovered Isa Chandra Moskowitz and her Post Punk Kitchen site, which is an excellent resource.)

So far the two I have used the most are Vegan on the Cheap by Robin Robertson and The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester. But I have many new ones waiting in the (Kindle) wings -- Conveniently Vegan, Appetite for Reduction, Fresh and Fast Vegan, and The Happy Herbivore, just to name a few.

I find cookbooks very useful because they give me some direction to go on, and are a constant source of inspiration to try new things. We have a few "go to" dishes in our household (most of which I have already veganized), but aside from those, we rarely eat the same thing more than a couple of times. I love flipping through my cookbooks at the end of each week, before I go grocery shopping, to find new recipes to try. Our journey into veganism is making that even more exciting as we explore new foods, dishes, and spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment